The board of the Dutch chapter of the IAH (IAH-NL) created the Pieter Stuyfzand Thesis Prize in honor of the retirement of Prof. dr. Dr. Pieter S. Stuyfzand in 2019 for his contribution to the development of hydrogeology in the Netherlands and worldwide and his dedication to the importance of hydrogeological fieldwork and university education. The IAH-NL Pieter Stuyfzand Thesis Prize is awarded every year to one (1) graduate who has written a thesis on a groundwater-related subject.
Aims of the prize
- To emphasize the importance of groundwater in the Netherlands and worldwide
- Stimulation and enthusiasm of early career hydrogeologists
- Generate attention for the importance of high-quality hydrogeology education in the Netherlands
The prize is awarded every November and consists of a certificate and an amount of 250 EUR, along with an invitation for a public presentation.
- Graduated the previous year from a Dutch institution
- Open for IAH members and non-members alike
- Submitted theses will be considered until 30 September of each year
- Graduated on a groundwater / hydrogeological subject
- A thesis that can be regarded as a calling card for hydrogeological knowledge in the Netherlands in terms of content and description.
- Selection will be determined by the IAH-NL board based on perceived contribution to the aims of the price
- No correspondence can be entered into about the selection
- To be considered, a thesis should be submitted, by graduate student or thesis supervisor, withwith accompanying motivation by e-mail to the secretary of IAH-NL